Saturday, February 2, 2013

Just for fun... thoughts

 I gotta laugh each time  bell bottom jeans are the "new" thing. or what's called "skinny jeans" comes into play, and I think of the pants Twiggy wore- just painted on "skinny jeans"- ooops! with a bell bottom! LOL I believe.

But if katie holmes wears it....oh lord! NEW!=>

I gotta laugh when the new 2013 layered hair takes on a "feathered" Farah Fawcett look- but they call it but the new girls name.... or just messy hair for Jennifer Aniston.




 Or how about the First lady gets bangs, oooooooohhhh... how new!
-like they did for groovy in the 60's again in the 70's, and 80's and 90's....jeez.



Today I laughed at an entertainment article complaining once again about lyrics of popular songs.... how grunts, acronyms, syllables and street slang takes the place of actual English language words- the writer sounding like some aged conservative complaining about how things change-pouring over the old songs as if they spoke perfect Shakespearean prose!...And I just belly laugh.... as the Crystals 1963 song pops in my head and I remember standing the kitchen singing away with my mom and sister to spatulas in hang in microphone form - oh we had it down - doing the hand gestures in line-

"Met him on a monday and my heart stood still.
Da doo run run run da doo run run.
Somebody told me that his name was Bill.
Da doo run run run da doo run run.
Whoa, my heart stood still.
Yeah, his name was Bill.
And when he walked me home,
da doo run run run da doo run run.

He knew what he was doin' when he caught my eye.
Da doo run run run da doo run run.
He looked kind of quiet, but my, oh my.
Da doo run run run da doo run run.
Oh, he caught my eye.
My, my, my, my, oh my.
And when he walked me home,
da doo run run run da doo run run."

But, syllables half words, and grunts and groans were never acceptable "back then" according to the article.(and we all know James Brown knew that, of course! HEY!)
oh, how time, and fads, and history of souls repeat... whether we believe it or not, our decision I suppose to accept or reject the new/old/in thing. And just laugh when others cannot. (or cry....but I'd rather laugh! )

ahhhhhh I'm getting old. HA! Bwahahahahahah!
Met him on a Monday and my heart stood still.... a doo runrunrun a doo run ruuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnn- yeah eh yeah - 

No comments: