Friday, January 18, 2013

What I noticed Today...Tip Toe Friday


I am trying to learn to write everyday. ha! That would require consistency, and well, we shall see how that goes! LOL I rename one goal on my list to Write in journal daily. If I can actually do that until Ostara- I have certainly achieved a huge goal! :D


Yesterday, I meant to write. Yesterday (Thursday) was an emotional day and I ended up getting upset over a phone call with my mom, then ranting over it, mulling and muddling over it, then finally calling her and talking it out, and having a good night after all. So an emotional, but "determined to heal it" kind of day. Really. :D One thing I did do, however, was continue to knock out a section of weeds and took the shovel and outlined where I want the garden to grow. Just the outline. but it's a start- I had to be able to see something, my visualizations just were not in the groove without a start. LOL Good work out - shoveling is not easy! LOL and whew....

Today (Friday) I started off catching up with Tiptoe Chick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnFrXJ-AoaU)  and she had posted a wonderful short synopsis about daily candle rituals and I loved it! I also loved her Friday explanation- a get ready for fun day- so I lit a candle and took her advice! Yay!! I declared it a pamper morning- which helped soooo much, because I was sore from shoveling yesterday! Ouch! And thankful for it- 'cause the day has been gorgeous ever since! Amongst the many things of regular errands I trimmed my hair. And then got a surprise by my son, who asked me to trim his hair and advice on taming his young beard. (Which he is determined to grow!) So, I indulged, and we joked and had fun! And I trimmed over 3" off! ;) Yay! He was happy- I was happy! Sweeet!

I headed out after finishing school-to my spot in the afternoon, the yard, to enjoy some outside for a while. Instead of grabbing the shovel, I sat on one of the many rocks lined up from the previous owner and stared at the mess I need to clean up and fix-seeing my outline helped though and I started envisioning where this might be going! It was peaceful and nice end to the day! I have a long way to go with this as you can see by the picture-  The hummingbirds said hello, and today the doves did as well! yay! Happy Friday! BB

2 comments:

CricketForestwater said...

I'm actually kind of jealous of your messy yard. I would absolutely love to spend some outside time fixing up and cleaning up a yard! Unfortunately, we only have an apartment with an upstairs patio. We had tried gardening (in pots), and that had gone decently well for a little while...until my tomatoes got a soil fungus that killed them off :(

I so look forward to having an actual house I can work on! Not for a couple years, yet, but school is more important, at the moment :)

Janey McK said...

Ahhhh, i would actually share if you lived near. But, a friend of mine is almost in the same situation as you and she found a nearby community garden, each participant gets to "rent" or claim a space to garden what they wantto grow, plus all the other volunteers have taught her a lot about it. Maybe you have one nearby or the college has one? Or might be willing to start one?