Saturday, July 17, 2010

Habi- thoughts

It's a quiet morning and I am catching up a bit on the computer and finding that my mouse keeps sticking... mouse troubles, haven't had to deal with those very much. Then I had a whacky thought- more like a memory of mice, actually hamsters- does anyone remember those old habi-trails the hamsters had? where they easily used to chew their way through? That must have been back in the 70's or early 80's and mom's everywhere were screaming in the kitchens when they spotted the loose hamsters scurrying about. Everyone who had one back then had to deal with at least one break out. LOL
But the hamsters are so cute. Especially when they stuff their cheeks so full they look about as wide as they are long. How do they hold it all? :)
Back to this silly computer mouse, looks like I'll be needing a trip to the electronics department soon for a new one. Can't dismantle it and clean the ball like the old ones, no this is laser or optics or some special thing that just glows at me and says- "no you can't fix me!" LOL

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I used to have those things. They were terrible. My hamsters were constantly pushing the tube "blockers" out of the holes and chewing through the door "locks". I came to rely on duct tape for the sides and stacked books for the tops.

But now I have dwarf hamsters - who have no strength to speak of. :)

Janey McK said...

Yes!!!! I remember the duct tape well!!!