Monday, July 2, 2012

When you hear, "Mom, You're awesome..." in a rushed, passing statement. Grab it. Hold on to it. Smile. It's one of the few cherished rewards that sometimes fall between Mother's Day and Christmas, if you're lucky. In it's rush and fever, it's genuine and real; and not heard enough by most mothers in the world.
 "Ours is thankless job," my own mother warned me after I had my first son. I didn't believe her...at first.  Then I survived  the time of sleepless nights, - of bottles, diapers, dishes, laundry, and bandaids. And then, I understood.
Now, on the rare occasion when I have a "Mom, you're awesome" Day - I hold it more valued and cherished than any given holiday. Because if I am lucky enough to hear it, I've done alright. A good job. And for that moment I am appreciated for that. I'll take it. Quietly, and smile the rest of the way through- like a present just opened, unexpected and real. My gift. I'll take it. Any chance I can. Because it can't falter under force or obligation. . It wasn't guilted into being by mass media influencing the market or commercialized. It was there.. heart from heart, love to love, child to Mom. Thank you for that. :) Thank you.
When you hear yours, accept it, take it, enjoy it -  stop for a moment and feel it. It's like an impromptu hug right when you need it. Smile, it's yours! It's genuine, it's real. However often it occurs! Accept it, love it.
You have done an awesome job, Mom. 
Smile.
It's real. It's genuine. It's true. -and you deserve it too.
Good job, Mom!

No comments: