Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I in silence remain

In the silence I sit and seek
it is here I thought I'd see
but vision only beats -
    He isn't there to meet.
so many promises I heard-
drones of words unfurled.
they believed enough to seek
    yet their voices only bleet.
what I hear in silence bold
is the sound of my heart unfold
it is truth at it's best
    I am my own souls rest.
I can attain my sight.
I can do what is right.
if only I stand,  and move
   -if only I do and prove.
For myself I can attain
the heights of what remain-
as the greatest achievement seen
  -a goal in myself to believe.
I can, I trust
I will, I must
before my heart is lost
  -and meaning flies away at cost.
I rely on what I see entitled
in this field of free and wild
I am stronger than I am mild
   I will achieve what I dreamt as a child
I will become
what others have undone
I will be
   me.
- Janey,  July 2012

No comments: