Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Happy Wednesday! 2/6

So after a longggggggg weekend, of which we BBQ'd for Imbolc and thoroughly enjoyed some absolutely beautiful weather here! Yay!!!!!
I am back at the basics- and trying to find the house- what is it about weekends that is so absolutely messy?
LOL
All is well though, and I am hoping all who come across this we blessed with a loving, bright and happy weekend!

I am drying my curls as I write, and I noticed a lot of ads for Valentine's Day coming up. I had forgotten about it. Not being surrounded by girls, or little ones anymore- and not being a huge TV watcher -LOL- I just tend to forget that one. Ack!  Maybe it's bad. Maybe that's good.... I often get very tired of the hype surrounding some holidays. Valentine's Day is one of the worst. It has become so commercialized that people do not realize it should just be about loving and caring for others.  Recognizing a person and acknowledging their qualities and showing you care should be the best gift given at anytime, but the media pushes value to diamonds, and flowers, and chocolates like that is all it's about. And if you don't get jewelry or sweets you have been cheated! Oh my! .... but to me- Nice as they are- most regular folk are just barely recovering from the budget blowers of xmas- much less have money for diamonds. (Eye rolls here!) It just further perpetuates the problem.
Also I went through a period of years working as a florist where I HATED Valentine (mother's day is not much better). As purchaser and orderer of the bulk flowers available for Valentine's day rush- The quality coming out of the warehouses and greenhouses and shipments are crap! The rush to provide for the media pushed hype causes suppliers to cut early and store longer- meaning even the best of florists get old flowers delivered to them that are supposed to be fresh! -They are not. Trust me- after nearly 10 years dealing with rush day of over thousand orders each time- trust me people- the WORST time to buy flowers is valentines day. Wait 2 weeks-3 would be better!- surprise her when she really least expects it- but not on Valentine's day.... not if you want quality flowers that last extra long. 
But that's just me. I'll probably get bashed for my opinion, but oh well. What do I recommend instead? It depends on the girl, but heartfelt cards, lots a lovin!, nice food, and extra huggin' ;P can go a long way!
On another note, after time taken this weekend to specifically attune with Mother Nature I just wanted to share - because many people focus just on Moon, and do not realize how the sun can daily affect our lives. Father Sun is a powerful being and he has been so active lately! This year is incredible for solar activity! Solar flares really affect us all! Moods change, things feel off-odd and some people are more sensitive than others! It affects the magnetic field of the whole mother earth each time a solar flare projects our way! Been feeling particularly odd? Can't quite focus? Thoughts just are not as organized? Check for flares! It may have a lot more to do with it than you realize! The perfect site to find out about it- ion a scientific level, is .spaceweather.com- a treasure trove of information! Starts to help make sense scientifically of what the traditional pagan cultures and belief systems have tried to tell us all along! Check it out! 
-BB! Janey

No comments: