Monday, June 10, 2013

Resurrecting Silent Wind Chimes

Wire Art- Resurrecting Silent Wind Chimes


Playing with wire, as I stated before,  is my way of relaxing at times.

In two instances recently, I'd discovered old chimes that could not sing anymore.To me that is a travesty! Chimes are meant to sing! I love them.  They just needed a little loving, a bit of wire, and a clapper that will last a lifetime- the most beautiful sounding chimes now ring! Yay! Music to my ears!



With this second set, I revamped the entire chime, using only the tubes from an old one that was poorly designed- looked pretty but it did not ring at all.
My first attempt from scratch, a fantastic learning experience!  I'm not afraid to try!
 Hand sewn wind catcher, a rock for a clapper- they sing again.









They sometimes get crooked I'll admit-I most likely need to thread them a different way.... but they now sing with the wind- and that's just fine by me. :) Happy chimes again.





No comments: